I love white fish in breadcrumbs, and this recipe is an ideal weeknight meal - quick to prepare and make, healthy, and great tasting.
3 slices cod 300g £3.33
2 slices white bread, crusts cut off, whizzed into crumbs £0.15 approx
2 tbsp chopped flatleaf parsley
1 clove garlic finely sliced
1/3 lemon finely grated zest £0.20
Knob Butter, melted £0.20 approx
Squeeze of lemon
Salt and Pepper
1/2 bag Charlotte Spuds, approx 10 £0.30
Tin of Mushy Peas £0.33
Total Cost £4.51
1. Switch oven on 220C/Gas 7
2. Bring pan of water to boil. Add potatoes, simmer until cooked.
3. Season fish with salt and pepper
4. Mix together breadcrumbs, parsley, garlic, zest. Add butter and lemon juice.
5. Put fish onto ovenproof tray, press mixture firmly onto fish's surface.
6. Bake in oven for 20-25min. Check halfway through that fish not sticking to tray.
7. While waiting for fish place mushy peas into pan and cook on hob gently until bubbling. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
8. Serve up and enjoy!
This fed the entire household of 2 adults and 2 children aged 8 and 13.