This inspiration for this recipe came from another website - ZestyCook. He has some fantastic looking food there, and I would recommend anyone to go and have a browse.
Because the chicken is oven baked it is less fatty than if it was fried, but still has a nice crisp 'batter' than seals in the juices of the chicken, leaving it succulent and tender. Next time I make this recipe I am going to substitue the chilli flakes for cajun spice as that particular spice is also a heavenly match with chicken.
Excellent finger food - perfect for a Friday night.
Cost Per Individual Serving £0.96
3 Chicken Breasts, cut into strips/shapes £3.33
1 Organic Free Range Egg £0.30
3 shakes of Hot Chilli Sauce *
Paxo Natural Breadcrumbs, enough to evenly cover a plate's surface £0.21
3/4 Tbsp Water
Plain Flour, enough to thickly cover a plate's surface *
Sprinkling of Crushed Chillies, to taste *
Salt and Pepper *
* denotes store cupboard items
1. Heat oven to 180C Fan Oven
2. Season plate of flour with salt and pepper
3. Beat together the egg, chilli sauce and water and put into dish
4. Sprinkle chilli flakes onto plate of breadcrumbs
5. Coat chicken pieces first in the flour, then the egg; finally the breadcrumbs. Kepp adding more flour
and breadcrumbs as necessary
6. Place onto baking tray lined with greaseproof paper
7. Place in oven for approx 25-30 min (turn over halfway) until outside is crisp and chicken is white and fully cooked inside
8. Serve with either a salad or wedges, and a sour cream and/or sweet chilli sauce dip
TIP - take out the tray after around 10 min and check no pieces are sticking to the paper, before returning to oven