This recipe will hopefully prove popular with all of you muffin lovers (you know who you are) as my Blueberry muffin recipe is, to date, the most popular on my blog. You all obviously have, like myself, extremely good taste!!
Before we get on with the recipe at hand, take 2 minutes to enjoy this hilarious clip, all based around "a lovely bit of muffin" from Ricky Gervais's Extras.
As it seems such a long time since I baked any kind of cake I decided to try my hand at Chocolate Chip muffins today. These will appeal to the chocolate lovers - they are a slightly drier alternative to the juicy fresh blueberry muffins previously baked by myself.
Makes 12 Medium Size Muffins
225g Plain Flour, sifted
2 Tsp Baking Powder, sifted
100g Caster Sugar
1 Medium Egg
125g Plain Yoghurt
125g Whole Milk
150g Milk Chocolate Chips
Pinch of Sea Salt
75g Unsalted Butter, melted and cooled a little
1. Put your cases into your muffin tray; preheat oven to 180C/Gas Mark 4 (160C Fan Oven)
2. In a large bowl lightly whisk the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt together
3. In another bowl mix the egg, yoghurt, milk and butter liquid together.
4. Add the above wet mix to your dry flour/baking powder/sugar/salt combination
5. Mix very very lightly until combined - it will resemble a thick Ready Brek and milk paste
6. Carefully add your chocolate chips and combine until evenly mixed
7. Spoon mixture into your cases (around 2/3 full) and bake for approx 30 min until golden
8. Once cooked remove for 10-15 min to cool slightly, then transfer onto a wire rack to cool